Projects help you organize your tasks, team, and important milestones together in one place. Adding a new project is easy:
- From the Projects page, select + Project.
- Enter any relevant project information and hit Create Project.
💡 Here's a tip: You can also create a new project directly from the Schedule. Simply click anywhere to bring up the task menu, enter the project name, and click Add.
The Info tab contains general information about the project.
- Client - Clients can be added via the project menu or from the Clients tab within your Team Settings.
- Color - To set a custom color, click the color menu and enter the hex code at the top (e.g., Watermelon Pink is FE7F9C). Your new color will be added to the list below for future use.
- Notes - The character limit for both project and task notes is 1500 characters.
- Tags - To add a new tag, type its name or select an existing tag from the drop-down menu. You can sort/filter any page by a tag.
- Status - Tentative tasks display as color outlines on the Schedule to make it clear that they haven't been confirmed yet. To have both billable and non-billable tasks within a project, set the project to billable and manage individual tasks from the Tasks tab.
- Budget - There are 5 total project budget options to choose from. Non-billable tasks do not count against your project budget. Adjusting your team's rates for a specific project will not impact their rates on other projects.
💡 Here's a tip: Leaving the project name field blank will result in a project called "Untitled." Projects without a client will appear under "No Client" from the Task menu.
The Team tab displays every person who is a part of the project.
- Assign a team member - Add people individually or select All next to the department name to add the whole department. To add every scheduled person to the project, click All team members.
- Project Owner - This person has ultimate authority over the project. The project owner must have assigned access rights.
- All PMs have edit rights - Check this box to allow anybody with project manager access the ability to schedule/edit the project. Without this box checked, PMs can only edit projects that they have created themselves or been assigned as the project owner of.
The Milestones tab is where you can add new milestones or manage your existing ones. Milestones are great for tracking important events within a project's lifecycle.
The Tasks tab houses all of your project tasks. You can add new tasks to this list before assigning them to your team, or simply add them directly to the Schedule. Any task assigned to a team member is automatically added to this list.
You can also set individual tasks within a billable project to non-billable, and merge two or more tasks together to consolidate them.
💡 Here's a tip: Tasks that are assigned on the Schedule have a green dot displayed next to them.