Time tracking provides an easy way to measure how long your team spends on their assigned tasks. You can compare a person's scheduled time against their actual time to improve your team's efficiency and forecast future projects more confidently.
Click the Log Time page at the top of Float to get started.
Each team member will see a weekly view of their scheduled tasks. They can enter the number of hours it took them to complete each task, or simply hit Log if the scheduled time is correct.
To log all tasks for a day, hover over the date and click Log all.
Once a task is logged, its time is added to the weekly total at the top of the page and to your Reports.
You can also log time for new tasks, delete tasks that are no longer relevant, or leave a note to add additional context to a task.
💡 Here's a tip: To prevent your team from logging more time to a project, you can archive it. Archiving preserves your scheduled/logged hours and makes the project read-only.
Compare Logged Hours vs. Scheduled Hours
The Reports page gives you a true view of both the estimated time that appears on the Schedule, and the actual time that your team records on the Log Time page.
You can view both your logged time and scheduled time in isolation, your logged and future scheduled timed together, or compare your logged vs. scheduled time for both your people and projects.
You can send your team a helpful nudge to log their time daily or weekly, depending on your preference.
Account owners can schedule reminder emails from the Team Settings page.
Individual team members can also connect to the Slack Notifications app and set their own time tracking reminders.
💡 Here's a tip: Find out more about the Slack Notifications app.
- Undo: Ctrl + Z (PC) or Command + Z (Mac)
- Switch weeks: Left /right arrows
- Jump to today: /
- Change team member: Up/down arrows (Admins and PMs only)
- Multi-day tasks on the Schedule appear as individual tasks on the Log Time page to accurately capture daily time.
- If you log time for one day of a repeating task, it doesn't affect your other scheduled tasks.
- Logged hours do not display on Reports until the date they are logged has passed (e.g., tasks logged for today's date will not display until tomorrow).
- Tentative tasks don't appear on the Log Time page.
- Adding or removing a task from the Log Time page does not affect the task on the Schedule.
- Marking a task complete on the Schedule does not have any impact on the equivalent task on the Log Time page.
- Admins can edit anyone's logged time, while Project Managers can edit logged time for their projects only.