It's easy to import your projects into Float using our CSV import tool.
1.. Start by selecting Import from the Projects page:
2. Download our CSV template so you can see all the available fields. CSV files can be created, edited, and opened in Excel or Google Sheets.
Check Pre-populate with your existing projects if you want to see how your current data is structured. Just remember to delete this data before you upload in order to avoid duplicate entries.
3. Fill out any relevant data in the template. The Project column is the only mandatory field.
When you're done, select Attach CSV file and upload — simple as that!
- To mark a project as Tentative or Non-billable, mark ‘Y’ in the correct column. Leave blank otherwise.
- Multiple tags and tasks should be separated by a comma.
- There is a maximum of 500 projects per upload.
- Altering or adding columns will result in an error message when uploading.
If your data is located in another platform or tool which can be imported via our API or Zapier, please see here.