It's easy to upload your projects to Float using the CSV import tool or one of the project management integrations.
1.. Start by selecting Import from the Projects page.
2. Choose whether to upload your projects using the CSV template or by connecting to a project management tool. See the integrations page for more details.
3. If using the template, select Download Project template and open the file in Excel or Google Sheets.
💡 Here's a tip: Check Pre-populate with your existing projects if you want to make changes to your existing projects, or see how your current data is structured.
4. Fill out the relevant data in the template. The Project name is the only mandatory field.
When you're done, select Upload CSV file to import your projects to Float.
- To mark a project as Non-billable or allow all project managers edit access, mark ‘Y’ in the correct column. Leave blank otherwise.
- Multiple tags should be separated by a comma.
- There is a maximum of 500 projects per upload.
- Altering or adding columns will result in an error message when uploading.
💡 Here's a tip: If your team is located in a platform that we don't currently have an integration with, you can still import your data using our API or Zapier.