Asana helps teams organize, track, and manage their work. See an overview of Asana.
If you're using Asana for project management and Float for resource scheduling, this integration makes it easy to sync and schedule between the two.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, and click Connect to access your Asana account.
All of your existing people and projects located in Asana will be imported by default. To specify the people and projects you want imported to Float, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing project later on, click Select projects from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the project. You can disconnect individual projects the same way.
Schedule Your Projects
From the Schedule page, click the Integrations icon to open the sidebar. This is where your Asana tasks live in Float.
Scroll or search for the Asana task you'd like to add, and then drag and drop it onto a team member's schedule to create a new task.
Task hours are based on the person's individual work hours for the day. If they normally work 8 hours, then the task scheduled will also be 8 hours long. If they work half-day Fridays, then any task you schedule on Friday will be 4 hours long, etc.
💡 Here's a tip: You can adjust any task directly on the schedule by dragging it horizontally to increase its days, or vertically to decrease its hours.
Your Asana tasks can be scheduled as many times as you'd like and do not disappear from the sidebar.
Once a task has been scheduled in Float, a white dot appears next to it on the sidebar to make it easy to identify.
Tasks that have been assigned in Asana already will display the person's avatar on the card in the sidebar.
Any task you create can be viewed directly in Asana by opening the task menu and clicking View in Asana.
Changes you make in Asana are reflected on the sidebar but do not impact tasks that you've already scheduled.
The same is true when editing tasks on the schedule (e.g., if you edit the name of a scheduled task, it will not change the name of the task on the sidebar).
You can collapse projects to hide their tasks or use the search to quickly find the project, task, or assignee you're looking for.
You can also log time using tasks from the sidebar. Just drag and drop a task onto a team member's timesheet and the hours are logged instantly.
Task hours for time tracking are based on the last hour setting used on the Log Time page (rather than the person's maximum work hours for the day).
As with scheduled tasks, you can easily adjust the time logged after dropping it onto the schedule.
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to Asana.
- Only tasks that belong to a project are imported from Asana.
- Completed tasks are not imported from Asana.
- The Asana Project Owner will be assigned as the Float Project Owner only if that user already exists in Float with access rights.
- If you disconnect a project that has scheduled tasks, the project is removed from the sidebar and a copy of the project and its tasks remain in Float. Projects without scheduled tasks are removed completely.
- You can only sync with one project management tool at a time in Float. To disconnect the Asana integration, click Edit > Disconnect Asana. You can keep the projects and people you've imported in Float or choose to delete them.