If you're using Teamwork for project management and Float for resource scheduling, this integration makes it easy to sync and schedule between the two.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, and click Connect to log into your Teamwork account.
All of your existing/future people and projects located in Teamwork are imported by default. To specify the people and projects you want imported, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing person or project later on, click Edit from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the project/person. You can disconnect individual people and projects the same way.
Schedule Your Projects
From the Schedule page, click the Integrations icon to open the sidebar. This is where your Teamwork tasks live in Float.
Scroll or search for the task you'd like to add, and then drag and drop it onto a team member's schedule to create a new Float task.
Task hours are determined based on the person's individual work hours for the day. If they normally work 8 hours, then the task scheduled will also be 8 hours long. If they work 4 hours on Fridays, any task you schedule on Friday will be 4 hours long, etc.
💡 Here's a tip: You can adjust any task directly on the Schedule by dragging it horizontally to increase its days, or vertically to decrease its hours.
Your Teamwork tasks can be scheduled as many times as you'd like and do not disappear from the sidebar.
Once a task has been scheduled in Float, a white dot appears next to it on the sidebar to make it easy to identify.
Tasks that have been assigned in Teamwork already will display the person's avatar on the card in the sidebar.
Any task you create can be viewed directly in Teamwork by opening the task menu and clicking View in Teamwork.
Changes you make in Teamwork are reflected on the sidebar but do not impact tasks that you've already scheduled.
The same is true when editing tasks on the schedule (e.g., if you edit the name of a scheduled task, it will not change the name of the task on the sidebar).
You can contract projects to hide their tasks or use the search to quickly find the project, task, or assignee you're looking for.
You can also log time using tasks from the sidebar. Just drag and drop a task onto a team member's timesheet and the hours are logged instantly.
Task hours for time tracking are based on the last hour setting used on the Log Time page (rather than the person's maximum work hours).
As with scheduled tasks, you can adjust the time after dropping it onto the schedule.
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to Teamwork.
- Sub-tasks are not imported from Teamwork.
- Team members will be assigned to the project in Float if they have at least one task already assigned in Teamwork.
- The Teamwork Project Owner will be assigned as the Float Project Owner, but only if that user already exists in Float with access rights.
- All existing/future people and projects are imported by default. You can change your settings from the Integrations menu.
- If you disconnect a project that has scheduled tasks, the project is removed from the sidebar and a copy of the project and its tasks remain in Float. Projects without scheduled tasks are removed completely.
- You can only sync with one project management tool at a time in Float. To disconnect the integration, click Edit > Disconnect Teamwork. You can keep the projects and people you've imported in Float or choose to delete them.