Import your calendar events to Float, export your Float tasks to Google, or do both using our 2-way sync integration.
Once you've connected your account, tasks and events will be automatically synced to Float/Google as they are created.
To connect to Google, you must appear on the Schedule. Select Settings > Calendar Integrations from the top of Float.
- Click Connect to log into your Google account.
- Check the "Send your calendar events to a Float project" box to import your Outlook events to Float, "Send your scheduled tasks to a Google Calendar" box to export your Float tasks to Google—or both!
- Click Save to sync with Google.
Import Your Google Events To Float
Choose the calendar you want to send to Float, the events you'd like to import, and the project you want them assigned to.
💡 Here's a tip: Select the "Choose specific events" option if you don't want all of your events added to Float. Type in a single word to filter out all events that do not contain that word in the event name.
Check the "Hide event titles and descriptions" box to prevent others from seeing the details of your imported events. They will display as "Google Calendar Event" on the Schedule.
Individual events are imported from two months before the date you sync and three years after. The sync icon at the top of each task makes it clear which ones are synced from Google.
To stop syncing individual events, open the task menu and click Unsync at the top.
Export Your Float Tasks To Google
You can also send your Float tasks to Google Calendar. Select the tasks you want to send from Float and the calendar you want to send them to.
Your Float tasks are immediately exported to Google Calendar.
- All day events are not imported.
- Events are imported 8 weeks prior to the current week and 3 years into the future.
- Events scheduled overnight in Google (e.g., 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.) will display on the first day within Float with no crossover into the next day.
- Google descriptions are imported to the maximum number of characters supported in Float (250). Any additional characters will not display.
- Google event times will be synced to the time zone set in Team Settings.
- Recurring events will only be treated as repeating tasks in Float if they occur once every week or once every two weeks. All other recurring events will be imported as individual tasks.
- Float supports repeating tasks with end dates. If no end date is set, an end date will be set three years from the date of import.
- When using the "Choose specific events" filter, the word must contain: alphanumeric characters, no spaces or special characters, and be between 3 and 20 characters long.
- When the "Hide event titles and descriptions" box is checked, task names are editable, but notes are not.
- Tasks set without a specific time in Float are exported as all day events to Google.
- You cannot currently sync with more than one calendar at a time.
- To disconnect the integration, select Settings > Calendar Integrations > Edit > Disconnect from Google. You can choose to keep the events that have been imported to Float or delete them.