If you're using Jira to manage your projects and Float for team scheduling, this integration is for you. It's easy to sync your people and projects from Jira and drag and drop tasks directly onto the schedule in Float.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, and click Connect.
You'll be redirected to the Atlassian Marketplace. Click Get it now to add Float to Jira.
Once Float has been added to your apps, select Go to Float to return to your account.
Back in Float, you'll soon see a list of your projects and people from Jira.
All existing/future people and projects are imported by default. To specify the projects/people you want to import instead, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing project later on, click Select projects from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the project. You can disconnect individual projects the same way.
Click Connect to Jira to complete the setup.
Schedule Your Projects
From the Schedule page, click the Integrations icon to open the Jira sidebar. This is where your Jira issues live in Float.
Scroll or search for the issue you'd like to add, and then drag and drop it onto a team member's schedule to create a new task.
The task hours are determined based on the person's individual work hours for the day. If they normally work 8 hours, the task will also be 8 hours long. If they work 4 hours on Fridays, any task you schedule on Friday will be 4 hours long, etc.
💡 Here's a tip: You can adjust any task directly on the schedule by dragging it horizontally to increase its days, or vertically to decrease its hours.
Your Jira issues can be scheduled as many times as you'd like and do not disappear from the sidebar. Once an issue has been added as a task in Float, a white dot appears next to it on the sidebar to make it easy to identify.
Issues that have been assigned in Jira already will display the person's avatar next to the card on the sidebar as well.
Tasks created from the sidebar can be viewed in Jira by opening the task menu and clicking View in Jira.
Any changes you make in Jira will be reflected on the sidebar, but will not impact tasks that you've already scheduled. The same is true when editing tasks on the schedule (e.g., if you edit the name of a scheduled task, it will not change the name of the issue on the sidebar).
You can collapse projects to hide their issues or use the search to quickly find the project, issue, or assignee you're looking for.
You can also log time using issues from the sidebar. Just drag and drop it onto a team member's timesheet and the hours are logged instantly.
Task hours for time tracking are based on the last hour setting used on the Log Time page (rather than the person's maximum work hours for the day).
As with scheduled tasks, you can easily adjust the time after dropping it onto the schedule.
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to Jira.
- Team members will be assigned to the project in Float if they have at least one issue already assigned in Jira.
- The Jira Project Lead will be assigned the Float Project Owner, but only if that user already exists in Float with access rights.
- All existing/future people and projects are imported by default. You can change your settings from the Integrations menu.
- If you disconnect a project that has scheduled tasks, the project is removed from the sidebar and a copy of the project and its tasks remain in Float. Projects without scheduled tasks are removed completely.
- You can only sync with one project management tool at a time in Float.
- To disconnect the integration, click Edit > Disconnect Jira. You can keep the projects and people you've imported in Float or choose to delete them.