Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. It tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process. Take a tour of Trello.
This integration makes it easy to sync your Trello boards with Float and drag and drop cards directly onto your teams' schedules to assign them as tasks.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, and click Allow to access your Trello account.
All of your existing people and boards will be imported to Float by default. To specify the people and boards you want to be imported, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing project later on, click Select projects from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the project. You can disconnect individual projects the same way.
Schedule Your Boards
From the Schedule page, click the Integrations icon to open the sidebar. This is where your Trello cards live in Float.
Scroll or search for the card you'd like to add, and then drag and drop it onto a team member's schedule to create a new Float task.
Task hours are determined based on the person's individual work hours for the day. If they normally work 8 hours, then the task scheduled will also be 8 hours long. If they work 4 hours on Fridays, any task you schedule on Friday will be 4 hours long, etc.
💡 Here's a tip: You can adjust any task directly on the schedule by dragging it horizontally to increase its days, or vertically to decrease its hours.
Your Trello cards can be scheduled as many times as you'd like and do not disappear from the sidebar.
Once a card has been scheduled in Float, a white dot appears next to it on the sidebar to make it easy to identify.
Any task you create can be viewed directly in Trello by opening the task menu and clicking View in Trello.
Changes you make in Trello are reflected on the sidebar but do not impact tasks that you've already scheduled. The same is true when editing tasks on the schedule (e.g., if you edit the name of a scheduled task, it will not change the name of the card on the sidebar).
You can collapse boards to hide their cards or use the search to quickly find the board, card, or assignee you're looking for.
You can also log time using cards from the sidebar. Just drag and drop a card onto a team member's timesheet and the hours are logged instantly.
Task hours for time tracking are based on the last hour setting used on the Log Time page (rather than the person's maximum work hours for the day).
As with scheduled tasks, you can easily adjust the time after dropping it onto the schedule.
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to Trello.
- All Trello boards are assigned to the Float Account Owner.
- All existing/future boards and people are imported by default. You can change your import settings from the Integrations menu.
- Additional fields that are synced from Trello to Float include: board description (imported as notes) and created/modified dates; member avatars; card descriptions (imported as notes) and created on dates.
- If you disconnect a board that has scheduled tasks, the board and its cards are removed from the sidebar, and a copy of the board and its cards remain in Float. Boards without scheduled tasks are removed completely.
- You can only sync with one project management tool at a time in Float. To disconnect the integration, click Edit > Disconnect Trello. You can choose to keep the boards and people you've imported in Float or delete them.