Import your calendar events to Float, export your Float tasks to Outlook, or do both using our 2-way sync integration.
Once you've connected your account, tasks and events will be automatically synced to Float/Outlook as they are created.
To connect to Outlook, you must appear on the Schedule. Select Settings > Calendar Integrations from the top of Float.
- Click Connect to log into your Microsoft account.
- Check the "Send your calendar events to a Float project" box to import your Outlook events to Float, "Send your scheduled tasks to an Outlook Calendar" box to export your Float tasks to Outlook—or both!
- Click Save to sync with Outlook.
Import Your Outlook Events To Float
Choose the calendar you want to send to Float, the events you'd like to import, and the project you want them assigned to.
💡 Here's a tip: Select the "Choose specific events" option if you don't want all of your events added to Float. Type in a single word to filter out all events that do not contain that word in the event name.
Check the "Hide event titles and descriptions" box to prevent others from seeing the details of your imported events. They will display as "Outlook Calendar Event" on the Schedule.
Individual events are imported from two months before the date you sync and three years after. The sync icon at the top of each task makes it clear which ones are synced from Outlook.
To stop syncing individual events, open the task menu and click Unsync at the top.
Export Your Float Tasks To Outlook
You can also send your Float tasks to Outlook. Select the tasks you want to send from Float and the calendar you want to send them to.
Your Float tasks are immediately exported to your Outlook calendar.
- All day events are not imported to Float.
- Events are imported 8 weeks prior to the current week and 3 years into the future.
- Events scheduled overnight in Outlook (e.g., 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.) will display on the first day within Float with no crossover into the next day.
- Outlook descriptions are imported to the maximum number of characters supported in Float (250). Any additional characters will not display.
- Outlook event times will be synced to the time zone set in Team Settings.
- Recurring events will only be treated as repeating tasks in Float if they occur once every week or once every two weeks. All other recurring events will be imported as individual tasks.
- Float supports repeating tasks with end dates. If no end date is set, an end date will be set three years from the date of import.
- When using the "Choose specific events" filter, the word must contain: alphanumeric characters, no spaces or special characters, and be between 3 and 20 characters long.
- When the "Hide event titles and descriptions" box is checked, task names are editable, but notes are not.
- Tasks set without a specific time in Float are exported as all day events to Outlook.
- You cannot currently sync with more than one calendar at a time.
- To disconnect the integration, select Settings > Calendar Integrations > Edit > Disconnect from Outlook. You can choose to keep the events that have been imported to Float or delete them.