Public holidays make it easy to schedule time off across countries and cultures. You can add regional holidays to specific members of your team without impacting others.
Click Import and select the country, region, holidays, and team members you'd like to add. When you're finished, select the Import holidays button to add them to the Schedule.
The days are blocked out for those team members and the holiday names and locations are displayed when you hover over the dates on the Schedule.
💡 Here's a tip: You can manually override a public holiday and schedule a task by clicking on the day on the person's schedule. It'll count as overtime in the reports.
If the specific holiday you want to add is not listed among those in the selected region, you can use the custom holiday option to add it.
You can add custom holidays when you set up your initial public holidays, or later on by clicking Actions > Add custom holiday.
To apply a holiday to your entire team regardless of location, use the Team Holidays option.
💡 Here's a tip: Individual vacations, sick leave, or personal time can be added directly to the Schedule. See this article for more info.
- Scheduling a holiday will overwrite any existing tasks scheduled for that date.
- Public holidays will be scheduled for the current year and the next year.
- Deleting a set of public holidays will remove the holidays from the associated team members' schedules.
- You can change the public holidays group a person is a part of the from the Status tab within their profile.
- People can belong to multiple public holidays group.
- Both public and team holidays can be managed from the Time Off tab within your Team Settings by an Admin or the Account Owner.