The Outlook Calendar integration lets you seamlessly import events from your Outlook Calendar into Float. Once you've connected your account, events created in Outlook will automatically sync as tasks within Float.
Here's how to get started:
- From the global navigation menu at the top of Float, select My profile settings and then Integrations.
- Click Connect and choose the Outlook account and calendar you want to sync with. You'll also need to select a Float project to add your tasks to (e.g., Outlook Calendar Events).
- You can change both the Outlook calendar you've connected, as well as the Float project you've associated your calendar events with, from the Integrations tab.
Individual events are imported from two months before the date you sync and three years after.
To stop syncing events and remove your calendar, select "X" within the Integrations tab. You have the option to keep the tasks that have already been created or to remove those as well.
- All day events are not imported.
- Any changes made to your Outlook events will be reflected within Float but not vice versa. Consider using iCal if you'd like to share your Float calendar with Outlook.
- Events scheduled overnight in Outlook (e.g., 10 p.m. - 1 a.m.) will display on the first day within Float with no crossover into the next day.
- Outlook descriptions are imported to the maximum number of characters supported in Float (250). Any additional characters will not display.
- Outlook event times will be synced to the Timezone set in Account Settings.
- Recurring events will only be treated as repeating tasks in Float if they occur once every week or once every two weeks. All other recurring events will be imported as individual tasks.
- Float supports repeating tasks with end dates. If no end date is set, an end date will be set three years from the date of import.
- You cannot currently sync with more than one calendar at a time.