It's easy to upload your team members to Float using our CSV import tool.
1.. Start by selecting Import from the People page:
2. Download our CSV template so you can see all the available fields. CSV files can be created, edited, and opened in Excel or Google Sheets.
Check Pre-populate with your existing team if you want to see how your current data is structured. Just remember to delete this data before you upload in order to avoid duplicate entries.
3. Fill out any relevant data in the template. The Name column is the only mandatory field.
When you're done, select the Attach CSV file option and upload — simple as that!
- It’s not possible at this time to assign access rights using the CSV import.
- For People Type, Employees are marked as 1, Contractors are 2, and Unassigned Roles are 3.
- For Start-End Dates, the format is mm-dd-yyyy.
- Multiple tags should be separated by a comma.
- You can only import the maximum number of people available in your plan.
- Altering or adding columns will result in an error message when uploading.
If your data is located in another platform or tool which can be imported via our API or Zapier, please see here.