QuickBooks Online helps businesses manage and pay bills, run payroll for their team, and track their ongoing projects.
This integration makes it easy to sync your QuickBooks employees, customers, and projects for scheduling in Float. You can also send any hours logged in Float with time tracking back to QuickBooks as time entries for more efficient invoicing.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, click Connect and sign in to your Intuit account.
All of your existing employees and projects will be imported to Float by default. To specify the employees and projects that are imported, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing project later on, click Select projects from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the project. You can disconnect individual projects the same way.
Check the box under Float Time Tracking if you want your team's logged hours sent back to QuickBooks as time entries.
Schedule Your Projects
Once your employees and projects are synced from QuickBooks, you can start adding tasks to the schedule.
Your QuickBooks people and projects are easy to identify in Float by the synced icon located next to their name.
Whenever a synced team member logs their hours in Float, those hours are instantly sent back to QuickBooks as time entries, where they can be used to process payroll or for other tracking purposes.
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to QuickBooks.
- All existing/future projects and people are imported by default. You can change your import settings from the integrations menu.
- Employee bill rates are imported to Float as hourly rates. Display names and email addresses are not imported.
- All QuickBooks projects are assigned to the Float Account Owner.
- To disconnect the integration, click Edit > Disconnect QuickBooks. You can choose to keep the employees and projects you've imported in Float or delete them.