WorkflowMax (WFM) is a project management service that integrates with Xero accounting software to give you greater visibility over your people and your profit.
This integration makes it easy to sync your WorkflowMax staff and jobs with Float and drag and drop tasks directly onto your schedule.
As the Account Owner, navigate to your Team Settings, select the Integrations tab, and click Allow to connect your WorkflowMax account.
All of your existing staff and jobs will be imported to Float by default. To specify the jobs and staff that are imported, click Select.
💡 Here's a tip: To import an existing job later on, click Select jobs from the Integrations tab and check the box next to the job. You can disconnect individual jobs the same way.
Check the box next to "Send Float Logged Time" if you want to export the logged time created in Float back to WorkflowMax.
Schedule Your Jobs
From the Schedule page, click the Integrations icon to open the sidebar. This is where your WorkflowMax jobs live in Float.
Scroll or search for the task you'd like to add, and then drag and drop it onto a person's schedule to create a new task in Float.
Task hours are determined by the person's individual work hours for the day. If they normally work 8 hours, then the task you create will also be 8 hours long.
💡 Here's a tip: You can adjust any task directly on the schedule by dragging it horizontally to increase its days, or vertically to decrease its hours.
Your WorkflowMax tasks can be scheduled as many times as you'd like and do not disappear from the sidebar.
Once a task has been scheduled in Float, a white dot appears next to it on the sidebar to make it easy to identify.
Changes you make in WorkflowMax are reflected on the sidebar but do not impact tasks that you've already scheduled. The same is true when editing tasks on the schedule (e.g., if you edit the name of a scheduled task, it will not change the name of the card on the sidebar).
You can collapse jobs to hide their tasks or use the search to quickly find the job, task, or assignee you're looking for.
You can also log time using WorkflowMax tasks from the sidebar. Just drag and drop a task onto the Log Time page and the hours are submitted instantly.
Task hours for time tracking are based on the last hour setting used on the Log Time page (rather than the person's maximum work hours for the day). As with scheduled tasks, you can easily adjust the time after dropping it onto the page.
You can send your time tracking hours back to WorkflowMax time sheets by checking the appropriate box within your integration settings.
Hours logged in Float are sent back as time sheet entries matched to the staff member in WorkflowMax.
Data Flow Diagram
- Projects, people, and tasks created in Float are not synced to WorkflowMax.
- All existing/future jobs and staff are imported by default. You can change your import settings from the Integrations menu.
- All WorkflowMax jobs are assigned to the Float Account Owner.
- If you disconnect a job that has scheduled tasks, the job and its tasks are removed from the sidebar, and a copy of the job and its tasks remain in Float. Jobs without scheduled tasks are removed completely.
- To connect the integration, you must have Administrator privileges in WorkflowMax with "Authorize 3rd Party Full Access" enabled.
- You can only sync with one project management tool at a time in Float. To disconnect the integration, click Edit > Disconnect WorkflowMax. You can choose to keep the jobs and staff you've imported in Float or delete them.