If you're using Teamwork Projects for project management and Float for team scheduling, this integration makes it easy to sync data between the two platforms.
From the Team Settings page, the Account Owner can select the Integrations tab and click Connect Account.
Choose to enable a 1-way sync or 2-way sync and then click Save.
This option will import your people, projects, tasks, and milestones from Teamwork Projects into Float. Any changes made in Teamwork Projects will be reflected in Float, but not vice versa.
💡 Here's a tip: Make sure the Import existing box is checked if you want your current data added to Float.
All of your people, projects, tasks, tags, and milestones will be instantly added to Float and kept in sync.
UPDATE: As of June 15, 2020 our 2-way sync will no longer be available. At this time we'll be delivering new, more flexible, 1-way sync options, investing our efforts in making this the best integration experience possible between Teamwork and Float.
This option will import your people from Teamwork Projects into Float. Any projects created in Float will be synced back to your Teamwork account.
Scheduling a task in Float will create a corresponding subtask in Teamwork Projects.
When you change a task's date or reassign it to someone else in Float, those changes will be immediately reflected in Teamwork Projects.
Task hours you've scheduled in Float sync back as estimated time in Teamwork Projects, while marking a task complete in Float does the same in Teamwork Projects—signaling that the work is done.
- No subtasks from Teamwork Projects are imported using the 1-way sync.
- No projects from Teamwork Projects are imported using the 2-way sync.
- Existing people in Float are not synced with Teamwork Projects using the 2-way sync.
- Existing projects in Float are not synced with Teamwork Projects using the 2-way sync.
- To schedule directly to a person's schedule in Float from within Teamwork Projects using the 2-way sync, you must create a subtask and assign it to that person.
- Tasks in Float that are set to repeat are not repeated in Teamwork Projects. Instead, the total hours of all the repeated tasks are used to calculate the estimated time, and the last occurrence of the repeated task, as the due date.
- Tentative tasks in Float also appear as regular subtasks in Teamwork Projects.
- When you add a task in Float to a synced project and assign it to a Float user not synced from Teamwork Projects, the task will be assigned to "Anyone" in Teamwork Projects.
To stop syncing your data, select Disconnect Account from the Integrations tab. Any data previously imported will remain in your account.