It's easy to upload your team members and projects into Float using our Bulk Import feature. Here's how:
1.. Start by selecting Import from the People or Projects page:
2. Download our CSV template so you can see all the available fields. CSV files can be created, edited, and opened in Excel or Google Sheets.
Check the Pre-populate with your existing team/projects box so you can see how your current data is structured. Just remember to delete this data before you upload in order to avoid duplicate entries.
3. Open the downloaded template and fill out any relevant data. The Name/Project column is the only mandatory field.
When you're done, select the Attach CSV File option from the Import tab and upload — simple as that!
- It’s not possible at this time to assign access rights using the CSV import.
- For People Type, Employees are marked as 1, Contractors are 2, and Unassigned Roles are 3.
- For Start-End Dates, the format is mm-dd-yyyy.
- You can only import the maximum number of people available in your plan.
- To mark a project as Tentative or Non-billable, mark ‘Y’ in the correct column. Leave blank otherwise.
- There is a maximum of 500 projects per upload.
If your data is located in another platform or tool which can be imported via our API or Zapier, please see here.