If you're using Teamwork Projects for project management and Float for team scheduling, our new integration makes it easy to sync data between the two platforms and add your Teamwork Projects tasks directly to your team's schedules in Float!
The integration is two-way, meaning that any changes made to your imported data in Float will also be reflected in your Teamwork Projects account and vice versa.
Here's how to get started:
From the Team Settings page, select the Integrations tab and click Connect Account. You must be the Account Owner to manage your integrations.
Choose to import your people, projects, or both and click Save.
💡 Here's a tip: Make sure the Import existing box is checked if you want your current data added to Float.
All of your projects, subtasks, tags, milestones, and people will be instantly added to Float and kept in sync.
Important note: To support scheduling in Float, any Teamwork sub-tasks that do not match the name of their associate parent task name, will have a matching task name created, and be moved under this parent task. e.g. A 'Design' sub-task, will always have a 'Design' parent task.
Scheduling a task in Float will create a corresponding subtask in Teamwork Projects.
When you change a task's dates or reassign it to someone else in Float, those changes are immediately reflected in Teamwork Projects.
Task hours you've scheduled in Float sync back as estimated time in Teamwork Projects, while marking a task complete in Float does the same in Teamwork Projects—signaling that the work is done.
- Tasks always appear as nested subtasks within Teamwork Projects. The parent task in Teamwork Projects is the task name in Float.
- Tasks with the same name are only imported once into Float, and subtasks of subtasks in Teamwork Projects are ignored within Float.
- Tasks in Float that are set to repeat are not repeated in Teamwork Projects. Instead, the total hours of all the repeated tasks are used to calculate the estimated time, and the last occurrence of the repeated task, as the due date.
- If you add length of day/time to a task in Float, it will be added as estimated time on the task in Teamwork Projects.
- Tentative tasks in Float are created as normal task in Teamwork Projects.
- If a task is created in Float for a person who does not appear in Teamwork Projects, it’s assigned to "Anyone."
- When you add a task in Float to a synced project and assign it to a Float user not synced from Teamwork Projects, the task will be assigned to "Anyone" in Teamwork Projects.
- When you add a task in Float and assign it to someone who is synced from Teamwork Projects, it will create a new parent task in Teamwork Projects. The parent task will include a subtask with the person assigned and the time scheduled.
- Creating a milestone in Float will create the milestone in Teamwork Projects with an Administrator as the person responsible.
- To stop syncing your data, select Disconnect Account from the Integrations tab. Any data previously imported will remain in your account.
For additional Float/Teamwork Projects sync rules, check out this article from Teamwork Projects.