There are five different account access levels available in Float, and each one has unique features to help keep your team on track. Account access can be set from the People page or in Account Settings for guest users.
Here's a rundown of the available access types:
- Member: They have read-only access to one of the following: their schedule, all people, or a specific department. If the "edit" option is selected for those appearing on the schedule, they can also do one or more of the following: schedule time off, edit existing tasks they’ve been assigned, or add tasks to projects they’re a part of.
- Project Manager: They can add people and projects as needed, but can only edit projects they've created or been assigned to as the project manager.
- Admin: They can do almost everything, including adding and assigning projects to Project Managers. They do not have access to critical account settings like billing, integrations, or the ability to close the account.
- Billing: They have the same power as Admins, but with additional access to manage account plans and billing details. You can only assign billing rights to a guest user.
- Account Owner: They have unrestricted access. By default, the Owner is the person who created the account, but ownership can be transferred from Account Settings.
Here's a short video on managing your team and permissions: