If your company uses Okta as your identity provider, you can setup Float with single sign-on in just a few minutes.
Note, user provisioning is not currently supported. Before your team can authenticate via Okta, they must already have account access to Float.
To get started, you'll need to be a Float Account Owner.
Login to your Float account and look for the Authentication module in your Account Settings. Select 'Configure SAML authentication'. To complete the form, you can find this information in your Okta account.
From your Okta account:
- From the Admin section, select Add Application
- Search and select ‘Float SAML’ from the app directory
- You'll be prompted for a Float Company Name. This is your Float subdomain. e.g. if you login to Float using https://okta-test.float.com it will be 'okta-test'
- Select Next
- Assign the Float app to the team members who are registered with the Float account
- You'll have the option of confirming or updating their Float username (email) in the next step:
Once complete, select the Sign On tab, and 'View Setup Instructions'. This will provide the information to include in the Float SAML authentication module and finalize the process.
Your team will now be able to log in, either via Okta or the traditional Float login page.
To change or remove your Okta authentication, select ‘Update SAML Settings’.