It's easy to upload your team members and projects into Float using our Bulk Import feature. Here's how:
1.. Start by selecting Import from the People or Projects page:
2. Download our CSV template so you can see all the available fields. CSV files can be created, edited, and opened in Excel or Google Sheets. Check the Pre-populate with your existing team/projects so you can see how your current data is structured. Just remember to delete this data before you upload, so you don’t create duplicates.
3. Open the downloaded template in Excel or Google Sheets and fill out any relevant data. The Name/Project column is the only mandatory field.
Once complete, select Attach CSV File, choose the file and upload — simple as that!
- It’s currently not possible to assign access rights from CSV import. If the person is a Contractor, mark ‘Y’ in the appropriate column. Leave blank if they’re an employee.
- For Start-End Dates the format is mm-dd-yyyy.
- You can only import the maximum number of people available in your plan.
- To mark a project as Tentative or Non-billable, mark ‘Y’ in the correct column. Leave blank if the project is not Tentative or Billable.
- There is a maximum of 500 projects per upload.
If your data is located in another platform or tool which can be imported via our API or Zapier, please see here.